What is a survey?
A survey is a research method used for collecting data from a predefined group of respondents to gain information and insights into various topics of interest.
Surveys have been running for a long time. Business owners that want to understand how the product or service is doing turn to surveys. Methods of sending out surveys include using paper forms and sending emails with an online digital survey. Based on the survey responses, they will measure the result which can be used to improve the products or services.
Email is one of the channels in which you can send out surveys, and is something that has been widely adopted by many businesses. Surveys through email is a method with low investment and high productivity that is used for sending NPS surveys. For these reasons, business owners send out emails to customers for product feedback.
However, there are significant draw back to email surveys, including:
- Low response rate. People get lots of emails every day, with the open rate about 20%. As such, the willingness to respond to an email survey is much lower.
- No-response bias. Because a majority of people will not respond to the survey, factoring the people who do not respond to NPS surveys become problematic.
What is a SMS Survey
SMS survey is the new type of survey. Everyone texts, so you might as well send a text survey.
Research shows that SMS open rates are as high as 98% compared to that of just 20% for emails. Furthermore, on average, it takes 60 seconds for someone to respond to a text while it takes 2 hours for someone to respond to an email.
So, when you send surveys via SMS, people are quicker to respond and you are more likely to receive more survey responses.
SMS Survey is part of the WikiPro echo system, which is another toolset that business owners can use to run their businesses.
NPS survey is the most popular survey system, with the NPS survey score ranging from 0 to 10:
- Promoters(score 9-10) are loyal customers who will keep buying and refer the product or service others, fueling growth.
- Passives(score 7-8) are satisfied but unenthusiastic customers who are vulnerable to competitive offerings.
- Detractors(score 0-6) are unhappy customers who can damage your brand and impede growth through negative word-of-mouth.
SMS surveys can be sent out during part of a SMS conversation with customers. This can also be sent out after certain events such as when payment is made, or a review is received. As a business owner, you can send out surveys at the right time in the right place. WikiPro makes sending SMS surveys easily.
How it works:
- You pick a customer and click the “Send Survey” button.
- Customer receives the text on the survey and will reply with a score from 0 to 10.
- Based on the replied text score, the system automatically follows up with a question.
- Customer replies the reason for their score.
- System gathers and responds to the feedback and generates a NPS survey score in the dashboard.
There are several advantages to SMS surveys:
- High response rate. SMS surveys have a 5 time higher response rate than email.
- Quick response time. People are quick to answer texts. Because everyone has a cell phone, SMS is the easiest solution to run NPS survey as there is no link to click and no app to install.
- Passive participation. Customers can respond to SMS surveys whenever they feel comfortable. This is another reason that SMS surveys can give businesses un-biased and honest feedback.
SMS surveys can be expensive in other platform providers comparing with email survey. This problem is solved with WikiPro, as the feature is covered in the plan. You no longer need to pay for another provider just for SMS surveys. Further, WikiPro has many other useful features to help you grow your business. It is an All-in-one business text platform.
Text “DEMO” to 626-243-2796 for a free demo today.